Who are Capture?

Capture Housing is a private provider of Affordable Housing.

We are registered as a Private Limited Company by shares under Company Number 10970280.

Our aim is to provide excellent quality Affordable Housing backed with the technical knowledge of a traditional mainstream housebuilder. Our commitment to excellence means that we aim to deliver properties that are the same quality and provide the same choices as those purchasing open market dwellings.

Our team is made up of housing professionals who have over 20 years experience in writing, delivering and evaluating housing policy on the island and beyond.

Are the rents we charge Affordable?

Affordable Rent was introduced by the Government to allow providers to charge up to 80% of the local market rent.

The rent we charge will be no more than 80% of the market rent, but may be lower depending on location.

This means that homes will remain more affordable than renting privately.

Who manages our stock?

We are in discussions with a local agent who is committed to providing excellent customer service for our tenants.

We will review any agreement on a regular basis to ensure we are delivering an excellent service for our residents.

What is Affordable Housing?

Affordable housing is housing for sale or rent, for those households whose needs are not met through open market housing.

“Affordable Housing” is defined in the National Planning Policy Framework and this includes the products that we provide.

What is Shared Ownership?

Shared Ownership (SO) involves buying a share of a home. The legal way that this is achieved is by you buying a leasehold property.

Capture Housing will sell you from a 60% share of the property and Capture Housing will own the other 40% share.

You will pay Rent to Capture on top of any mortgage. As a result, Capture charge 2.25% rent on the share we own to make sure it is Affordable for residents and to cover our administration costs only.

For more information please see our dedicated Shared Ownership page.

Who is eligible for Shared Ownership?

To be eligible for a home being offered under our Shared Ownership scheme:

You must have a household income of less than £80,000 per year and have access to savings to cover your fees as well as savings towards your mortgage deposit.

If you are an existing homeowner or shared owner, your current property must be at “sale agreed” stage before you can reserve.

Priority may be given to serving military personnel otherwise homes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. 

There may be a local connection requirement.

For more information please see our dedicated Shared Ownership page.

Ask us

If you have a different question that cannot be found within our FAQ page then please feel free to submit a question using our contact form below.

Error: Contact form not found.


Enter your keyword